What does every app developer want to do? You want to develop high-quality apps, grow a customer base, make money, and achieve long-term success, of course. We can answer that question for you. But here are a couple more questions that only you can answer:
- Have you ever been frustrated with how much time it takes to set up the back end of your app?
- Are you looking for a solution for data storage and syncing for an app?
If you answered “Yes” to either or both of these, then keep reading!
What if we told you there was a platform out there that enables you to quickly get synchronized data up and running for multi-user apps? Sounds good, right? After all, nearly every mobile app these days requires authentication and real-time data updates.
What if we told you that in addition to handling an app’s database, storage, and authentication needs, this platform also has features like remote config and analytics, which can be used to help grow your user base?
And finally, what if we told you this platform was a Google offering, and that together with Udacity we just launched a course that teaches you how to use this amazing tool?
Hopefully you’d be really excited if we told you all that, because it’s all true!
We’re talking about Firebase, a unified app platform for Android, iOS, and mobile web development, and today we are launching a complete end-to-end video training course called “Firebase in a Weekend” that is available for both Android and iOS.
This new course will help you understand many of the core features of Firebase, and show you how to implement Firebase into your app quickly and easily. Best of all, you’ll master the material by building your very own app from the ground up!
You’ll join some of our favorite Firebase instructors as they walk you through building a functioning messaging app using:
- Realtime database – Data is synchronized across all clients in realtime, and remains available when your app goes offline.
- Auth and FirebaseUI Auth Library – Get users logged into your app quickly and protect their data.
- Notifications – Easily deliver notifications to your users without writing a line of code.
- Remote Config – Gives you a collection of variables that you can change from the Firebase console in order to tune and customize your app on the fly to deliver the best experience to your users.
- Analytics – Set up analytics to gather data the moment you publish.
Here’s a final question for you: Do you have an idea for a great app, but feel overwhelmed by the necessary time commitment? Then we encourage you to take this amazing course. It is compact, efficient, engaging, and it will make very clear how Firebase can be used to get an app up and running much faster than traditional methods.
If you’re an app developer—or learning to become one—and you’ve got a weekend to spare, then spend it with Firebase in a Weekend.