Last Updated on
In a year of inspiring student success stories, exciting new scholarship opportunities, and groundbreaking Nanodegree program launches, these are the stories that truly captured your attention.
Summing up an entire year of learning, achievement, and success, is an essentially impossible task. That’s perhaps why we never end up producing just one definitive Year-in-Review post—there’s just too much to talk about, and too many perspectives from which to view a year’s worth of accomplishment.
Already this year Sebastian Thrun has written “The Audacity to Change,” which included a wonderful “2018: Udacity by the Numbers” infographic. And last week it was our honor and pleasure to publish “2018: A Year of Student Success,” in which we revisited 12 Udacity students previously featured on our blog, to see how their lives are progressing today. (Spoiler alert: they’re doing great!)
Which brings us to this post!
Here, we’re going to look at the blog articles we published in 2018 that resonated the most with you, our community. These are the stories the greatest numbers of you read, re-read, shared, and commented on.
Before we look at specifics, however, I would just like to take a moment to thank every single one of you who’ve read something we’ve published this year. Thank you for giving us your attention, your time, and your trust. As a learning institution devoted to your career success, we know we only succeed when you succeed. The same can essentially be said for our writing efforts—we only succeed when what we’ve written means something to you.
So with that said, let’s look at the articles you read the most! And why not start right at the top? This is 2018’s most-read post:
If you think that’s an outlier, think again! You were definitely interested in scholarship opportunities this year—the following post was also a Top 5 most-viewed post in 2018:
Scholarships of course weren’t your only topic of interest. You also loved student success stories, and based on how many people read it, this one was your favorite:
And you also especially loved these two as well:
If there was a particular field you were most interested in this year, we’d have to say it was … data! You put this post right up into the #2 spot this year:
Close behind it were these posts:
Now, while that Data Scientist Nanodegree program launch post was certainly a popular one this year, it wasn’t actually the most read launch post—this was:
While we’re thrilled that you read announcements like the one above, what we’re most happiest about is how often you came to our blog to learn! For example, so many of you read How to Become a Computer Programmer, that it made the Top 20 most-read posts for the year! Same goes for this one: How to Process Images With TensorFlow.
For your reference, here are the:
Top 20 Most-Read Udacity Blog Posts in 2018
- Introducing the PyTorch Scholarship Challenge from Facebook
- 4 Types of Data Science Jobs
- Udacity Launches Free Career Courses
- Bertelsmann Announces 15,000 Data Science Scholarships
- Top 5 Data Science Publications You Should Read In 2018
- New Free Courses with Google!
- Introducing the Artificial Intelligence for Trading Nanodegree Program
- Two Years, Four Nanodegree Programs, and a New Career!
- How to Choose the Data Science Program That’s Right for You
- Introducing the Blockchain Developer Nanodegree Program
- Introducing the Udacity Data Scientist Nanodegree Program
- 5 Must-Read AI Newsletters
- New Country, New Skills, New Career
- How to Become a Computer Programmer
- Announcements from Intersect 2018
- How to Process Images With TensorFlow
- From Software Engineer to Data Scientist: One Udacity Grad’s Machine Learning-Powered Career Change
- 6 Reasons Why Developers Should Learn Kotlin
- This Nanodegree Program Grad Wants To Hire Udacity Alumni!
- Becoming a Developer
Thank you again for reading, and here’s to a wonderful 2019, full of even more great stories than ever!