Last Updated on
Today, Udacity is excited to announce the newest addition to our School of Programming: the Java Developer Nanodegree program. For over twenty years, Java has been one of the most popular programming languages in the world and remains one of the most popular programming languages today. This is a fantastic time to learn Java: a mainstay across industries, a majority of Fortune 500 companies rely on Java for their back-end development, and Java Developers had some of the fastest growing salaries of any job in the US in 2018!
Udacity is launching the new Java Developer Nanodegree program to prepare professionals to get the Java skills they need to remain in demand with top employers. As noted by Aravindan Ramkumar, a Java Developer Nanodegree program instructor and Software Engineer at Netflix:
“Java remains the de-facto language for building enterprise-scale applications. This Nanodegree program is a must-have for engineers aspiring to build applications using Java. It is taught by practitioners from the industry and is filled with practical skills essential to thrive in the enterprise application development environment.”
Java Developer Program Details
Students who enroll in the Java Developer Nanodegree program will learn Java and cover the full range of skills necessary to build, test, and deploy a variety of web applications using Java, and demonstrate those skills by completing real-world projects that’ll showcase their abilities as a Java Developer to prospective employers.
- Project 1: Create a chat room app using Spring Boot. Build a web-based chat room application using Spring Boot and WebSocket components.
- Project 2: Develop the back-end system for a car website. Use Java APIs and frameworks to integrate different services using different communication styles.
- Project 3: Build a data store for customer reviews. Build the polyglot persistence layer for a REST API that will support the customer reviews section of a product page in an e-commerce application.
- Project 4: Implement authorization for an e-commerce application. Use Jenkins to build a CI/CD pipeline to deploy code to production.
Learning @ Udacity
All students enrolled in Udacity’s Nanodegree programs have access to Udacity’s industry-leading student support services, which include:
- Project reviews: Each time a student submits a project, a member of Udacity’s reviewer network provides personalized feedback on how to improve the project. Students can resubmit projects as necessary to make improvements until it meets specifications.
- 1-on-1 Technical Mentor: Students will be assigned a personal mentor who will be the key to their success in the classroom. Mentors answer questions, review work, and motivate students to stay on track throughout the program.
- Flexible learning program: Students can get a custom learning plan tailored to fit their busy lives, so they can learn at their own pace and reach their personal goals.
- Career services: All Nanodegree program students have access to career coaching sessions, interview prep advice, and resume and online professional profile reviews to help grow in their career.
We are thrilled to launch the Java Developer Nanodegree program and provide greater access to in-demand skills and enable students to learn Java. Through our Nanodegree program projects, 1-on-1 mentoring, flexible curriculum structure, and career services, Udacity students will be in demand at companies big and small.